Updated 23rd July 2021 by Allan Simmons.
How we all remain safe and have peace of mind after "Freedom day"...
We understand some people may still be skeptical of inviting trades into their homes. The Government guidance since the 19th of July means legally neither you as the client, or we as the tradesmen, are required to wear a face-covering or observe social distancing. We want to assure you that we take the safety of both yourself and our whole team seriously. We were already trained and certified in infection control cleaning before the Coronavirus pandemic struck. We do that type of work for schools and doctors surgeries when there are Norovirus outbreaks, but in March 2020 our whole team undertook update training to ensure we were up to date with the very latest Public Health England and NHS protocols regarding Coronavirus and Covid-19. Whilst there is no legal obligation for wearing of face-coverings we accept some people would still prefer that we wear a face-covering whilst in their home. We're happy to do that, and all our team are happy to wear a face-covering if you ask them to. Some of our team are wearing a face-covering by choice anyway, and they will only remove that if you say you are comfortable with them doing so. Please do not feel embarrassed to ask any of the team to wear a face-covering whilst in your home, and all we ask is that we all observe some simple rules as follows:
Here's how we can work safely in your home, and the precautions we're still taking for everyone's peace of mind:-
- We cannot work in your home if you are self-isolating with suspected CoVid-19 symptoms, or have had CoViD-19 within the last 21 days. If you have had CoViD-19, more than 21 days ago, we can still work for you but you MUST tell us before we visit and we will advise if there are any extra precautions we need to take.
- If you are one of the few people still 'Shielding' on the advice of your Doctor we are not able to provide an "in-home service" but we are able to offer you our collection and delivery rug cleaning service.
- Any equipment we bring into your home has been thoroughly disinfected with virucide treatment between EVERY job.
- All the team are infection control trained for your peace of mind.
- We will have a fixed appointment time, or appointment window, and will phone if we will be any earlier to ensure it is convenient for us to come early.
- Some of our team have chosen to continue wearing a face-covering on arrival at your property. Those who are not wearing a face-covering on arrival are happy to wear one if you ask them to if that gives you extra peace of mind.
- Whilst we are cleaning we may ask you to stay in another part of the house until we are finished, as wearing a face-covering whilst cleaning is incredibly uncomfortable and we may remove it during cleaning. We will of course still ask you to inspect the finished result, and if you requested we wear a face-covering we will obviously do so, no problem.
- All soft furnishings we're cleaning will still be treated with a virucide disinfectant FREE of charge. We use a product that has achieved the European test standard April 2020 EN14476:2013 + A2:2019 Annex A* killing up to 99.9999% of microbes and coronaviruses, including the SARS-CoV-2 which causes CoVid-19.
- Any touch points we use we will disinfect with the same virucide. So door handles, doors and doorframes, and any furniture we move and replace, and free of charge.
- Many clients make us tea/coffee and offer drinks and sometimes biscuits etc. We have left it down to the individual team member to decide if they would like to accept those, so please do not be offended if they have chosen to refuse a cuppa, we want everyone to feel safe.
- We also offer a Peace of Mind package if you're moving into a new property. You can find out more here.
The whole team hopes this reassures you that we're taking all the precautions necessary and working responsibly to protect everyone.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me direct on 01302 230685 and I'll be happy to help.
Allan Simmons Jnr.