This information is provided by Alltec Network Ltd, the manufacturer of the products that we use as our Virucide treatment...
"So this is a basic ‘enveloped’ virus. The virus is enclosed by a lipid membrane (a fat-like substance) this membrane (envelope) is used by the virus to attach itself to the host cell, the virus then penetrates the host cell and replicates itself. The envelope is actually quite fragile, and susceptible to changes in temperature, pH levels and disinfectants.
Examples of Enveloped Viruses:
and of course, Coronaviruses.
Like most enveloped viruses, outside of the human body they are very weak and easily destroyed with hot water and disinfectant (hence all the media advice to wash your hands!) Needless to say, you cannot kill viruses so easily once they are inside the human body, so never, ever consume a disinfectant!
There are various agents that are effective against enveloped viruses, the best one is actually common bleach, but you can’t go splashing that stuff around soft furnishings! The most well-known version is probably alcohol, such as in some hand sanitisers, it works very quickly but it evaporates so how long it will last is limited.
QATs (or quaternary ammonium compounds) take longer to work but provide longer-lasting protection. They are best applied and left on the surface in order to (in effect) kill the virus. They disrupt the envelope membrane, which exposes the nucleocapsid, affecting its ability to infect subsequent cells.
The great thing about QAT’s is that you can use them on pretty much all surfaces – any wet cleanable fabrics and hard surfaces - so you can pre-spray carpets
and upholstery, apply it by sprayer to floors, door handles, work surfaces, you can
even use a fogging machine to sanitise an entire room. It‘s actually best applied by misting, not by cloth (cloths are awful cross contaminants!) We can also supply it as an effective alcohol-free hand sanitiser, foaming, moisturising with lasting protection.
So the long and the short of it is that we use these QATs in our Envirosafe, Bio Cleaner, Eco Spotter and Hand Sanitiser. We’ve sold them for years as anti-microbial cleaners. As well as viruses, they also kill many bacteria, fungi and mould. They are particularly useful in care homes, doctors’ surgeries, schools, homes where there has been an illness - any environment where virus and bacterial control is required.
So hopefully you now understand how our products work."
This is a copy of the manufacturers latest independent testing update on the efficacy of the product. It shows the product has undergone the latest testing April 2020 EN14476:2013 + A2:2019 Annex A*, this therefore includes all coronaviruses and SARS-CoV-2...
For us, this gives us the confidence to offer our clients a cleaner, brighter and HEALTHIER clean of their home...
The latest Government advice to trades working in homes means that we are now offering in your home cleaning services again. These are the steps we’re implementing on all jobs to help give our clients the reassurance that we’re putting the necessary precautions in place...
- Any equipment we bring to your home is sanitised prior to each job.
- All the team are infection control trained and certified, with our most recent update training in April 2020. (see our certificates here)
- We wear appropriate PPE, following NHS guidelines, where needed.
- We’ll be observing the 2mt social distancing rules. We'd ask that you stay in another part of the home until we’re finished
- Any furniture or items we touch we will disinfect for you with our virucide.
- All soft furnishings are Pre & Post-treated with the virucide described above, which is also a sanitiser killing 99.9999% of bacteria and germs, not just viruses.
- Please don’t be offended if we turn down your usual hospitality of a cuppa and a biscuit. Don’t worry we’ll make up for it next time we visit you.
- We’d prefer you to pay by debit or credit card, using our handheld machine that will be disinfected in front of you and placed down, where we'll step back to allow you to "do your thing with your pin".
Please feel free to call us and discuss your particular situation and requirements. If we're not able to work for you in a safe manner we will suggest you wait until the restrictions are lifted. If we can observe the above rules and you're comfortable with us in our home we'd love to help you have a cleaner, brighter and HEALTHIER home.
The whole team at Clean&Dry.
P.S. We're also still offering our Rug collection, clean and disinfect, and return service. Find out more here.